Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Birthday, 7:20 a.m.

Me: Justin, go get Katie up.
Justin: Okay.
(Boom boom boom - up stairs - boom boom boom - down stairs)
Justin: She's in a great mood.
Me: Cool.
Justin: That's called sarcasm.
Me: Uh oh, what did she do?
Justin: She threatened to throw pieces of a broken drawer at me.
Me: Wow. She let you live? That means she loves you.
Justin: Love hurts.

So far, so good. I made RJ run out and get me a cake, a 24-case of Diet Coke (yeah, I'm one of THOSE people), and some laundry soap as soon as the clock hit midnight. I also have tons and tons of wire coming for my viking weave schtuff.

Me: (Discussing Katie's morning madness again) I sometimes take Smeagol up with me and toss him at her.
Justin: (Unintelligible).

He exited, stage backward. A few minutes later:

Justin: That made her a lot happier.
Me: That's wonderful!
Justin: That's sarcasm again, Mom.

Apparently, this was Katie's schpiel:
Katie: You were just up here 4 minutes ago what do you want now I don't want to see you.
Justin: I brought up the kitty. See?
(Tosses Smeagol on her bed).

(Katie gets up, stomps over, he runs, and she slams the door).

I expect to see her soon. Too soon.

1 comment:

Jamie VanBeekum said...

LOL! Well, I hope you have a very happy birthday, Sapphire! I miss seeing your posts and am so happy when you blog! May you have a wonderful, blessed day today!