Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Reading Counts

Ah, the versatile black bean. Beans? Check. Chips? Check. Salsa? Check.

Beans from the can? Bland, of course. A pinch of cumin, a touch of curry, and a few barely there shakes of chipotle. Tried and true.

Combine with salsa and a tiny bit of sour cream, put on top of chips.

Sit down and re-listen to a crazy sport medicine doctor and...

start crying from the extra spicy flavor.

I did not see the label for my salsa. It's the normal salsa jar in shape and size and color...the label is green...

I don't know which miserable, sneaky, no-good nimrod child o' mine put the flamin' hot Vesuvius style salsa in my shopping cart and then in my pantry but I will take no quarter. I'll just breathe on them when it's time to wake them up in the morning.

Emphasized with the Z-snap.

Yikes. Nimrods 6. Mom 17,200.

*********
Let's go Nimrods 7 and Mom 17,200. It's now two hours later and my lips are STILL numb. I don't know about my tongue, but it feels a lot smoother, as if my papillae have been removed by cautery.

Gah.




No comments: